Journey Federal Credit Union offers several products to protect you & your loan, including:
- Debt Protection
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
- Auto Essentials Vehicle Protection (VPP)
- Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP)
- Depreciation Protection (DP)
Details are listed below or you can call or stop by your local JFCU branch for more information - We're happy to help!
Protect What Matters
Debt Protection may cancel your loan balance (up to the contract limits) or monthly loan payment without penalty or added interest due to an unexpected event. You can select the optional plan that will support your family’s financial protection needs.
Life is unpredictable. There is a wide range of unexpected events that could leave you and your family scrambling to pay monthly bills. In the event of death, disability or unemployment, you wouldn’t want your family to worry about making your loan payments.
With Debt Protection, your loan balance or monthly loan payments may be canceled without penalty or added interest.
- In the event of death, debt protection cancels the remaining loan balance up to a maximum in the contract.
- If you become disabled, debt protection cancels up to a maximum number of loan payments based on the contract.
- If you are involuntarily unemployed, debt protection cancels up to a maximum number of loan payments based on the contract.
Questions? Call 989.227.3700 to learn more about our Debt Protection program.
Your purchase of debt protection is optional. Whether or not you purchase this product will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any existing credit agreement you have with us.We will give you additional information before you are required to pay for debt protection. This information will include a copy of the contract containing the terms and conditions of debt protection. There are eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions that could prevent you from receiving debt protection benefits. You should carefully read your debt protection contract for a full explanation of the terms and conditions of the debt protection program.
If you have car insurance without GAP, a wrecked vehicle could wreck your finances.
GAP, or Guaranteed Asset Protection, is a voluntary, non-insurance product designed to waive the remaining loan balance not covered by your primary insurance carrier settlement in the event of a total loss or unrecovered theft.1 GAP Advantage also provides you with a $1,000 credit towards the financing of a replacement vehicle when you finance or lease with Journey FCU.
As a credit union member at Journey Federal Credit Union, you can sign up for GAP anytime. The best time is when you’re signing your loan paperwork. You can include it with your monthly payments or pay separately by cash, check, charge, or electronic transfer.
To find out more, contact us at 989.227.3700. Enroll today!
1 Subject to limitations and exclusions, including, but not limited to, loan-to-value (LTV) maximum, delinquent payments, late charges, refundable service warranty contracts, and other insurance-related charges. Your purchase of Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. You will receive additional information before you are required to pay the fee for this product, including a copy of the GAP Waiver Addendum which will contain the terms and conditions of GAP benefit. Carefully read your GAP Waiver Addendum Form for a full explanation of the benefits, rules, terms, and conditions of the program. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. GAP is a loan/lease deficiency waiver and is not offered as insurance coverage. This webpage is not a contract.
VPP provides the coverage you deserve - Don't drive without it!
Auto Essentials is a package of coverage that protects you from normal driving incidents and out-of-pocket expenses that aren't typically covered by insurance policies, manufacturer's warranties, or extended warranties.
- Key or Remote Replacement: Replacement of lost, stolen, or destroyed keys or remotes.1
- Tire & Wheel Road Hazard Protection: Repair or replacement of punctured, cut, or flat tires and damaged wheels/rims due to road hazards or potholes. Includes cosmetic repair of wheels.
- Paintless Dent Repair: Permanently removes door dings and minor dents without harming a vehicle’s factory finish.
- Windshield Repair: Repairs chips and cracks caused by propelled rocks or road hazard debris while driving on public roads, streets, and highways.2
24-HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE:
- Towing: A tow truck will be sent to your location.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Basic mechanical repair performed at your location to get you back on the road.
- Essential Fluids Delivery: Includes delivery of gasoline, water, or oil.
- Flat Tire Assistance: Your flat tire will be repaired or changes with your good spare.
- Emergency Battery Assistance: Repairs include jump-starting your dead battery.
- Lockout Service: A locksmith will be dispatched to your location if you are accidentally locked out of your vehicle.
All descriptions are for information purposes only. Please refer to the actual coverage agreement for specific details. 1Key or Remote Replacement not available to members who reside in WY. 2Windshield Repair not available to members who reside in FL.
Are you prepared to pay for costly vehicle repairs?
Drive with peace of mind knowing that with Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP) you have protection against the increasingly high cost of repairs and associated labor costs for mechanical and electrical failures. In addition to repairing your vehicle, MBP provides services such as rental car allowance, tire protection, 24/7 roadside assistance, and towing.
MBP is available for both new and used vehicles. This coverage will protect your vehicle even after the warranty has expired. Ask us for more details on how Mechanical Breakdown Protection can save you from costly repairs today!
Protect the equity of your vehicle!
Depreciation Protection (DPW) protects your vehicle equity and hedges against depreciation over the life of the loan. In the event of a total loss, DPW provides a waiver benefit equal to the difference between the vehicle value at the time of purchase, less the loan balance at the time of loss up to a maximum waiver benefit of $10,000, or the outstanding loan balance.
BENEFITS OF PROTECTION:
- Protection for collision
- Life-of-loan Protection
- No mileage or year restrictions
- Protection fro theft and fire
- 100% open enrollment
- Protection for vehicle depreciation
*Maximum Waiver Benefit can vary depending on level of protection selected and/or offered. Please reference the waiver addendum for specifics regarding maximum waiver amounts. *$10,000 Waiver Benefit applies here because waiver amount will not exceed the lesser of the maximum amount listed in the waiver addendum or outstanding loan balance at total loss.Go to main navigation