I need to place a stop payment on a check. How can I do that?
To place a stop payment on a check, you can stop by and do so in-person or it can be done by phone. You may be asked to provide your account number, the check number, the date the check was written, the amount of the check, or the name of the payee. Please have this information handy.
There are certain fees associated with placing a stop payment on a check. Please refer to our Fee Schedule for details.
There may be situations in which a stop payment cannot be placed on a check, such as when the check has already cleared your account or if it is an Official Check that has been issued. Once the stop payment has been placed, it cannot be removed.
- Can I get overdraft protection?
- Does the credit union put a hold on checks?
- What is a debit card? What is a check card?
- What should I do if my checks were lost or stolen?
- What are the daily limits for a debit card?